If you are looking for something different from the bottle industry, you can take a look at the Comotomo bottles. To feel exactly the same as breastfeeding, this bottle is designed to eliminate some of the difficulties associated with the transition from bottle feeding to breastfeeding.
If you’re wondering what these bottles can do for your child, read our review of Comotomo bottles to see if they’re right for you.
We ♥ Honesty! Mom loves Best earns commission on the following links at no extra cost.
Buy this product
Breastfed babies can pick bottles, reject them completely and refuse to eat anything other than the mother’s breast. Komotomo bottles solve this problem.
They are made of silicone and nipples, and the bottle is soft and squishy like a mother’s breast. Each comes with a bottle bottom, nipple, nipple ring and cap.
- Children can squeeze this bottle like a real bottle.
- The wide collar allows for easy cleaning.
- Just put it together.
- Anti-wheel openings help reduce the amount of air a child swallows.
- Bottles are expensive.
- It can be difficult to screw the washers to the base.
Key features and benefits
- And the teat and the bottle are made of medical grade silicone. Silicones do not contain BPA, PVC or phthalates, all chemicals mothers want to avoid.
- This bottle can also be used with the formula
- It can be used in microwave ovens and is also safe to use in sterilizers, cooking water and dishwashers.
- The squeezeable nipples and bottom of the bottle are designed to feel like breasts, which means that babies who are only breastfed cannot refuse these bottles like standard bottles.
- These bottles look more like sippy cups than traditional bottles. They are easy to clean because they are shorter and wider. Your hands will find their place there.
- The bottles are fitted with double anti-cavity valves that seal the air mixed with the milk. This can reduce the colic symptoms in infants struggling with flatulence and restlessness.
- The nipple on this bottle has the shape of a real object that will help you in your efforts to make the transition from bottle feeding to breastfeeding.
- The squeeze base is very suitable for babies who are learning to hold their bottle by themselves. If the material gives away, the small handles can grip the bottle better.
1. Quality of construction
Although I like the wide design of these bottles because they are easy to clean, they don’t fit in many bottle warmers, which you should know. Maybe that could be an obstacle for someone who already has a bottle warmer he likes.
The nipple is placed on a wide slope so that the children think they are getting the right one. It’s one of the most realistic shapes I’ve ever seen on a bottle, and because it has a natural shape, it does what the bottle is designed to do, it helps your baby find a way to behave.
2. Easy to use
Comotomo bottles are easy to make and clean – they don’t even need a bottle brush.
If your baby needs a faster pacifier, it fits this bottle – all Comotomo nipples are compatible with 5 and 8 ounce bottles. It makes life easier for mothers who don’t want to spend the whole day with a bottle. All bottles with replaceable parts make life much easier for mothers, because it’s one less thing to get up.
How can they be compared?
Let’s compare Comotomo baby bottles with other popular brands of baby bottles.
1. Squid bottles Medellas
Medela Calma is for mothers who want to ensure that the bottle does not interfere with breastfeeding. Squid only gives milk if the child creates a vacuum. Komotomo may prefer mothers with dolls who don’t want to work so hard for their milk.
2. Tippi Tommy closer to natural bottles
Like Komotomo, this bottle has been designed to avoid the confusion that occurs at the transition from the bottle to the trunk. For newborns who like softer nipples, a more natural bottle may be preferable. Komotomo would be good for babies who seem interested in having the bottom of the bottle pressed.
3. Very hungry Mimijumi bottles
The top of the Mimijumi bottle is a body shaped dome, similar to the chest. Mothers who cannot get their children to bring a bottle may prefer this brand. Mothers whose children focus more on grip and compression may prefer the softer material of the Comotomo.
Who should buy these bottles?
Some children focus not only on visual perception, but also on what they feel. For a Comotomo cylinder, this is taken into account in the design and use of materials. Babies who have refused other bottles may take them because of the material nature of their breasts.
I love the uniqueness of the Komotomo bottle. This gives parents another tool in the fight for good nutrition for their children.
Does the use of a bottle affect my attempts to breastfeed?
For something so natural that breastfeeding can be hard work. Even learning the right hanging technique can seem like an amazing struggle, because it’s not as simple as it sounds (1). If you are finally teaching your baby the basics of breastfeeding, why do you need to intervene by inserting the bottle?
Even the most dedicated nursing mothers sometimes have to use (2)bottles. When you go back to work, you need bottles you can count on to call a nanny. Or maybe the baby’s father wants to participate in the fun of feeding, but he doesn’t have the natural equipment you have.
Even if you don’t want to use bottles at all, you can’t plan everything that happens to you. An emergency may cause you to look for a bottle that your child does not want to give. To be well prepared, you need at least a few bottles at home.
Before rushing to buy them, think about the functions of the bottles that are important to you.
Here are a few things to consider before you buy bottles:
- Are they easy to clean and easy to use?
- Do they mimic the feeling of breastfeeding, or will they confuse your baby as you move back and forth between the bottle and the breast?
- Are they affordable?
- Are the bottle materials safe for your child?
- Do the bottles have anti-political properties?
best baby bottles,comotomo bottle vs philips avent,best bottles for breastfed babies,comotomo bottle warmer,best bottle for breastfed baby who refuses bottle,best baby bottles 2019,safest baby bottles,best bottles for breastfed babies 2019
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.